Never Stop Exploring
20th January 2014
This is a satirical article that I wrote, first appearing in 'Loose Scree' March 2013.
I don't know if it's a phenomenon that only affects climbing instructors and mountain guides or if all climbers/mountaineers/wannabes are affected by the three symbols of imagined cool.
I'm sure you all...
Single Pitch Award, tips & advice for passing your assessment
19th June 2012
Ensure you can do the following:
1. Put a harness on correctly
2. Tie in with a figure of 8 knot & a bowline
3. Lead grade severe easily & protect yourself
4. Set up a belay at the top of a climb
5. Belay both a leader and second
6. Lower another climber
The Climbing Wall Award Assessment
18th April 2012
On Climbing Wall Award (CWA) training courses I always try to give delegates a feel for how the assessment will be. I always suggest that they look at the syllabus in their log books and if they can tick all the points they should be ready. My other bit of advice is to visit a variety of centres...
13th April 2012
Climbing courses like people come in all shapes and sizes. As a Mountain Leader Training Board approved provider I can run the Single Pitch Award (SPA) the Climbing Wall Award (CWA) and the Climbing Wall Lead Award (CWLA). These courses are for climbers that want to teach climbing, outside and...
Mobile: 07909 833242
E mail: email@example.com
- Climbing Wall Award (CWA)
- Climbing Wall Lead Award (CWLA)
- Single Pitch Award (SPA)
- Mountain Leader refreshers
- First steps outdoors
- Multipitch climbing
- Learn to Lead Sport Climbing
- Learn to Lead Trad Climbing
- Set-ups & Improvised Rescue
- Winter Sun (Climbing in Spain)
Book a climbing course with Tony and get a 10% discount at Banana Fingers online shop
Tony is sponsored by Sub Zero Technology